Advertisements & Editorial mentions based in the Southern California area.

Advertisements & Editorial mentions based in the Southern California area.
This blog is for the "B.F.A.B." dancer; the dancer BORN FROM A BOOMBOX. The dancers who move to the beat of their own heart at best their ability. The dancers whose bodies can't help themselves from reacting to the music. From the crypt to the moon walkers, from ballet to street. We invite dancers of all ages and level's. Moderate, beginners, intermediate, experts, and the ones beyond our imagination. Join in, blog, comment, post and share your opinion's about the beautiful art which we call dance! Photo compliments of Culture Shock San Diego, Graffiti Life, 2009. photo credit: Chris Keeney Photography

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW!!! Boom Box Dancer of the week FLUXX HEADLINE DANCER CHLOE NEVERMORE (HEMMAT)!!!!!!!


Chloe Nevermore is one of San Diego's, most established dancers, although many would argue she might be one of the best on the west coast. Her curvaceous and perfectly toned physique has a look only all dancers dream about. Today, Nevermore is the lead performer at San Diego's most renowned night club FLUXX, where she dances in front of nearly 500 club goers a night.

This charismatic and dedicated entertainer is not your average dancer, as the majority of her performances include her dancing 'static trapeze'. Swinging from ropes and metal bars hung above the dance floor as high up as 25 feet is an act the dancer makes look effortless. We sat down with the performer to get the scoop on how dancing came a major part of her life.

1) Chloe, how & when did you get into dance?
Dance has always been a part of my life. As a little girl I took jazz class and gymnastics. In high school I was on a dance team and then after high school I missed dance so much that I went to a few auditions. I didnt know what a "gogo" dancer was at the time...All I knew is that it was at a nightclub, it paid well and was fun. After a couple auditions I was hired and started dancing once or twice a week.

2) What are your favorite style of dance to dance? ( Sorry if that question sounds confusing, I'm basically asking what style type dancing is your favorite to do?)
I like to free-style. I don't have a specific style.

3) Trapeze is a very challenging form of dance? How long did it take you to learn?
Some aerial hoop and silks tricks were easy to pick up on...others I'm still trying to learn.

4) How many hours a week do you spend dancing?
5-8hours

5) How do you prepare before a performance?
At FLUXX we do shows and practice times can be anywhere from 2 hours twice a week.

6) How do you keep your physique in top shape? Do you workout, outside of when your on the job?
Yes, I hate the gym though, even though I don't like going to the gym sometimes I feel like I have to so I will go once or twice a week. I love to hike! and on occasion I will go to bikrams yoga. I like outdoor activity, taking my dog to the dog beach or dog park and running around with them. Going on jogs in La Jolla or through Sea Port Village are fun too. So I do a lot of cardio. I try to do an ab workout once a week.

7) You are currently San Diego's lead headline dance performer at FLUXX San Diego. What is that like?
FLUXX is the most amazing club I have ever worked at (sorry other venues)...The main reason for this is because of the staff. Surrounding myself with amazing people really helps me be the best I can be. We are a close family at FLUXX :)

8) What types of style music are your favorite to dance to?
I love dub-step but I rarely get it. My favorite DJ's to dance to are DJ Sid Viscous and DJ Cobra. House and hip hop mixed with a little top 40.

9) Do you dance in the mirror at home?
No. Haha

10) Are there any particular dancers in the media you admire? CIARA! also Justin Timberlake & Usher cause sex appeal is everything!

11) Do you watch dance shows like "America's Best Dance Crew, Dancing with the Stars, or Do you think you can Dance?"
When I come across it on TV I will watch for a minute... but I rarley watch TV. I have a few specific shows I LOVE "true blood" and "the office" so I mostly try to catch those.

12) What are your thoughts on the term "Go-Go" dancer?
I don't consider myself or any of my FLUXX dancers "gogo's" because I believe that we are so much more. We do shows, skits, aerial work and more. My style isn't anything like what I would say is "gogo"

13) When you aren't dancing, how do you spend your leisure time? I love to spend time with my Fiance. We love to travel and spend time with our dogs! I spend a lot of time with my family and friends too :)

14) What advice do you have for dancers who hope to explore the sport as a career?
If you think you have what it takes then pursue it! If you don't have what it takes then work at it until you do or purse another job:) I personally don't think the type of dancing I do is a long term career. I love it so much and it's hard to say that. I would like to move onto management after dancing. That wont be for a very long time but when that time comes that I quit dancing I would love to be a manager. I have a clothing line "Tainted Entropy" and that is also a big part of my life.

7 comments:

  1. Chloe is fucking HOTTTTTT! damn'

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright ya, I'm taking up trapeze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fluxx dancers are the creme de le creme

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lucky to have Fluxx in our backyard

    ReplyDelete
  5. this girl has got it going on! then again so do all the Fluxx San Diego dancers! yewwwww

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chloe!!!! <3<3<3 the best dancer

    ReplyDelete